Musings of a Manchester Drupal guy

Drupal, Open Source, Analytics, Social Media.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Tip - Pitching Responsive Designs to clients #rwd

I've recently been involved in conceiving several projects which have used Mobile First and Responsive Deisgn approaches.

Clients often struggle to understand Responsive Design without experiencing it. Building out a design would be too expensive, so I came up with a quick and dirty approach which wowed clients.

During the design stage I came up with the idea of getting my designer to create jpegs of the iPhone and iPad designs, upload them to our server and present them using an iPad and iPhone. The clients were instantly sold. It gave the impression of a finished design and allowed them to scroll and interact to some degree, they gained ownership of the design because it was a tactile experience.

Another tool I have enjoyed using in these circumstances has been Prezi.

Posted via email from Web, Social, Analytics, Open Source